Step 1. Open the Installer
Locate the installer file and double click to open.
Step 2. Click 'Yes' or 'Run'
Authorize the installer using the security dialog.
Quick Ping Monitor is very useful for network administrators, server administrators, webmasters . It has served customers from 20 countries and big corporations such as Cisco, Motorola, etc .Quick Ping Monitor is the updated version of SuperPinger. Compared with SuperPinger, Quick Ping Monitor is more efficient ,more stable , has more functions and a more friendly interface .
Quick Ping Monitor is able to do two things:
1. Watch states of network line / server / switch / router / work station / other IP devices.
As soon as network line break or IP device troubles occur, Quick Ping Monitor will soon (within seconds ) send warning signals (email, message or sound ) and run specified programs . The related state will also be stored in LOG files. This function is especially important for a company which owns hundreds of network lines(E1, SDH, DDN, FR, X.25 and so on) /servers. When there exist several lines between a branch and headquarters, usually the communication will not break even only one line works normally. Under the above situation ,it is very difficult to check the status of backup line , if backup line breaks and is not recovered instantly , it could not take over communication when main line breaks too ,which could result in communication breakup . So for any company even with multi-lines, checking the present status of backup line is very important.
With Quick Ping Monitor, You can watch the remote peer's IP address of these lines from the center, when one line break, Quick Ping Monitor will send warning signals to administrators within seconds.
2. Watch IP address situation of one or more network address segments and ON/OFF information of computers.
Quick Ping Monitor is able to add a block of IP address (as many as 65536 continuous IP address) one time . You can add all the IP address you want to monitor to Quick Ping Monitor, and find which IP address had been used and which IP address are free , and find when the computers are ON or OFF .
Quick Ping Monitor(registered edition) is able to watch thousands of IP device (number limited only by CPU capability ) , and send ping detections to all targeted IP device simultaneously and receive responses without affect each other . All actions of detecting and receiving are carried out simultaneously , which is much better than traditional in-turns method which usually result in long interval-time when there are too many IP devices to be watched Each watching job can be displayed through graphs , stating : max/min/avg, TTL, lost rate etc.
Usually each detecting target is assigned an icon to display present state ,which consists of :
All continuous ping detections (the number can be assigned by users , default :3) received normal responses ,and package-lost rate (if needed to check ) is below limits (which can also be set) .
B Unknown state
"Yellow" color .
If a ping detection does not receive normal response in standard time and the former state of the line is normal . When continuous ping detections do not receive normal responses , and the number exceed set number (default :3 ), then the state will change into "Break ?off " .
C High package-lost rate
"Red-Yellow " color .
Several ping detections do not receive normal responses in standard time . The package-lost rate can be checked if necessary ,when package-lost rate exceeds standard (which can be set ),the color changes into Red-Yellow .
D Break / Down
"Red" color .
When all continuous ping detections do not receive normal responses in standard time . (number can be set , default :3 ) ,we can say that the line is in "Break or Down" state ?.
NEW! Notify new function :
(1) mail group
Quick Ping Monitor owns a new function of grouping mail addresses .Based on the monitoring objects , Users could divide mail addresses into several mail groups .(one address could be putted into several mail groups at the same time)
Quick Ping Monitor could notify device errors (or the change of the objects' state )to corresponding administrators .For example , Users could divide monitored objects into 3 types :network devices,file server devices ,printer server devices ,Correspondingly ,the related administrators consist of network administrator, file server administrator and printer server administrator , and their mail groups IDs could be 0,1 and 2. Users could also add additional mail addresses and assign 0/1/2 to mail group ID .
When network device (file server/print server) goes wrong or it's state is changed ,the network administrator (file server administrator/printer server administrator ) will receive a notify mail and therefore could do efficient work to deal with the troubles .
(2) mail priority
Users could set the priority of a notify mail as "normal" or "high" .Users could set "default priority" in "Setup" dialogbox ,while set a monitored device's mail priority in "Add IP" or "Add Range" dialogbox, or update that
in "Update IP" dialogbox.
Users can set some monitored devices' mail priority to "normal" while set others' as" high" priority.
(3) Sending mails continuously
Quick Ping Monitor can send notify mails continuously when a monitored device's state changed to down until the device's state restored . Users could set the default interval between 2 mails as 1 minute.
NEW! Expansion Fucntion :
In Quick Ping Monitor , Users could set the length of ping packet,(default length : 12 bytes).
Sometimes the state of a device /line is up but not stable, a small ping packet could pass but a larger ping packet may be highly possible lost .
Now users could set the length of ping packet as more than 1400 bytes. This setup could not only monitor the state of device /line be up or down, but also monitor the stability and usability，because TCP protocol usually use large packet, Users can set up the packet length to 65500 bytes at most .
Compared with other present products , Quick Ping Monitor owns following advantages :
(1) A tool which provides parallel watching , Quick Ping Monitor's parallel detecting method is much sensitive , while traditional in-turns method sometimes results in long interval-time when there are too many IP devices to be watched .
(2) A short interval-time as short as 50 millisecond ! Even facing thousands of IP devices , Quick Ping Monitor is still able to check the states of all IP devices within seconds , without any confusing results .
(3) Several watching parameters . you can check following parameters such as IP device UP/DOWN, package-lost rate , etc .
(4) Rich dealing means such as beep,box warnings , mails to as many as 256 administrators, running related program , (the program can be developed by administrators , which provides flexibility )
(5) More notify functions. When sending mails or running related program , the content/title of mails could both be set by administrators ,and the content could contain macro,which can be replaced by other content in real situation .
(6) Users could set the length of ping packet,(default length : 12 bytes) to 65500 bytes at most ! Quick Ping Monitor could not only monitor the state of device / line be up or down , but also monitor the stability and usability !
(7) Macro parameters .When sending mails or running related program , the content/title of mails could both be set by administrators ,and the content could contain macro,which can be replaced by other content in real situation .
<NAME> : the name of target item
<HOST> : the IP address of target item
<DATE TIME> : the datetime of target item
<EVENT> : the notify event(up or down) of target item
<LOST RATE> : the lost rate of target item