To every image there is a second one, outside the frame. A detail maybe, someone next to you or the sky above. Stilla is a camera for this second look. Of any given moment, you take two, three or more pictures. For every image, Stilla will then remember the direction you were looking at.
The result resembles a crystal, a 3D object made of facets blending into each other as you turn it in your hand.
You can share these fully interactive 3D objects with everyone online, in the browser, full screen. It works best with the latest versions of Chrome, Safari or Firefox. Yes, in this order :)
Stilla is a modern interpretation of the photo you keep in your wallet. A moment to hold in your hand.
?? Make sure you visit the homepage - Stilla is 3D and highly interactive. The screenshots below can't show you what's really going on.
This is NOT a panorama app like Photosynth, please make sure you watch the demo movie on the site http://stil.la.
1. Keep the number of images low. Think 2, 3 or 4.
2. Look, don't scan. Shoot things you see, lights, colors, faces, a blurry spot.
3. When turning a Stilla, bright parts stay longer than dark ones.
4. Take a portrait of a friend and add one single picture that reminds you of the situation.
?? Known Issues
- iOS 4.3 is causing some problems with Stilla 1.5.
- After enabling the flash in recording mode, the flash icon disappears and is not replaced correctly. For now, to disable the flash mode, tap on the 'empty space'.
Both issues have been fixed and an update has been submitted to Apple. Should be out soon, thanks for your patience.