The Jade Integrated Development Environment is a straightforward development environment, which provides a GUI for the most important tools of the SUN JDK in order to ease the editing of source code, the compilation of Java classes and finally the execution of a Java Application respectively a Java Applet. Supported are the following functions:
01. Jade Editor optimized for Java coding (positioning to method, template insertion, checkpoint management...).
02. invocation of the JAVA API and project API documentation via a web-browser.
03. invocation of the static code checker JiveLint from Sureshot.
04. invocation of HTML-Editors, XML-Editors and the UML Editor UMLet (TU Vienna).
05. invocation of external source code editors for a selected source file.
06. creation and initialization of a new Java source file (class).
07. creation and initialization of the HTML file to invoke a class as Java applet .
08. invocation of user defined functions.
09. invocation of the java compiler to compile a selected source file or a complete package.
10. execution of a Java program = execution of a class with a main() method as application.
11. execution of a Java applet = execution of a class with an init() method as applet.
12. cancellation of a running compilation or application/applet execution
13. generation of the Java Documentation of a project (JavaDoc).
14. generation of JAR Archives and JNI C/C++ header files.
15. generation of a "StartClass" template
16. dialog controlled generation of individual Java Dialog windows.
17. dialog controlled generation of individual windows with a menu bar and menu items and content pane.
18. archiving and restoring of project packages and single files. Any number of archives supported.
19. presentation of the actual content of the System Clipboard.