Clueful is the only way to really understand apps, how they use your data and treat your privacy.
Clueful identifies misdemeanant apps on your iPhone. It looks at what applications are currently running in memory and it retrieves audit information from the Clueful Cloud.
Most apps are not malicious.
They're just careless with your data.
Take a look under the hood. Be curious!
Explore and analyze clues about your apps, including your favorite ones.
There's apps that:
- track your location
- can read and make use of your address book
- track usage via Flurry (or other) analytics networks and display ads
- handle your credentials in a sloppy way (think unencrypted over the web)
- request access to your Facebook/Twitter/Google credentials
- use telemetry engines that can aggregate behavior data across many applications and even link them to a real identity (via Facebook auth etc.)
- needlessly keep GPS or audio services on intensively, although they don't need to, which may rapidly drain your phone's battery.
Most of your apps are there when you open Clueful. For all others open the app to analyze then double press the home button and jump back to Clueful. It's there! Diving in is full of clues and details. There's also a neat card view.
You can also look up an app before you install it. There's a database of tens of thousands of apps Clueful has clues on.
Please note that, in order to provide clues about your applications, Clueful needs to send to the Clueful cloud information about the apps you have installed for analysis.
None of the collected information identifies you personally.
Currently Clueful only provides clues about free apps.
*App Store, Google, Facebook, Flurry, iPhone, Twitter are trademarks of their respective owners.