Red-Eye Removal Add-on is a unique tool that allows to redeem from red-eye effect quickly and easily. Due to sophisticated algorithms it is capable to identify red-eyed pupils on a photo and remove red-eye effect from them.
There are two modes the add-on can function in:
1. Manual mode - a user selects facial region and points out spots with red-eye effect. It is possible to configure redness threshold used during removal.
2. Semi-automatic mode - a user selects facial region and the tool searches for red-eyes automatically. You can configure eye search sensitivity and redness threshold.
An important feature of Red-Eye Removal Add-on is that it analyses facial features, i.e. it recognizes and classifies the facial features and cuts off those which are least possible to be red-eyed. This algorithm prevents from color changes in portions of an image which are not red eyes.
In addition to red-eye removal, the add-on can also return coordinates of the area which has been processed. In particular, it enables you to create JPEG-optimized red-eye removal (i.e. your application will be able to recompress only red-eyed area and keep all the rest JPEG untouched).
Red-Eye Removal Add-on is shipped with a number of code examples:
- Manual and semiautomatic red-eye removal Windows application.
- Manual and semiautomatic red-eye removal Web application (using AJAX technology).
- JPEG-optimized red-eye removal tool (which processes JPEG files and recompresses only red-eyed areas of the image).