GConvert is a Graphic Apps::Icon Tools software developed by G.D.G. Software SARL. After our trial and test, the software was found to be official, secure and free. Here is the official description for GConvert: GConvert is a full-featured icon toolkit that lets you extract, create, edit, manage, compile and convert icons. It reads any icon resource file (EXE, DLL, ICL, OCX, NIL, CPL, SCR, RSRC, ICNS...) and then allows you to save extracted icons in other image formats (ICO, BMP, PNG, GIF, Photoshop PSD, JPG and more thanks to plug-ins), copy them to the clipboard or use the enhanced drag/drop support for inserting icon images directly in your documents, Web pages or applications.
GConvert offers you more flexibility and functionality than other standard icon extractors:
- extract any icon with all of its images (any size and color depth, including 32-bit XP, Vista icons with PNG compression, MacOS X icons; and in 256x256 and 512x512 formats).
- create, modify and manage icon libraries in .ICL files (icon library), Zip archives and compiled DLL files.
- includes a powerful icon editor to manage the images of your icons. Only import one picture and all other icon images can be created in some clicks.
- enhanced support for 32-bit alpha-blended icons (from Windows XP, Vista and Macintosh Mac OS X). GConvert draws these icons correctly even if not running XP, saves them as they would appear under XP and can also keep the alpha channel when converting icons to PNG or PSD.
- convert image files (BMP, PNG, PSD, GIF, JPG, ICNS...) into icons that can be used with desktop shortcuts. Customize your desktop or create unique themes!
- search for hidden icons on your computer.
- recognizes Macintosh icons stored in ICNS and RSRC files.
- supports batch operations to convert/create several icons.
- save your icon and icon folder favorites.
- export icons as 32-bit DLL files recognized by Windows.
- create Windows cursors (CUR) from icons, modify icons in EXE and DLL files...
- integrates Windows Explorer (context menu) to open icon files.
Finally it offers an intuitive and easy-to-use skinned interface, a context-sensitive help file, a FAQ, a sample icon library...
New color tools (like screen color picker, HTML color code support) and several improvements.
|Platforms:||Win98,WinME,Windows2000,WinXP,Windows2003,Windows Vista Starter,Windows Vista Home Basic,Windows Vista Home Premium,Windows Vista Business,Windows Vista Enterprise,Windows Vista Ultimate|
|Publisher:||About G.D.G. Software SARL | G.D.G. Software SARL titles | Visit G.D.G. Software SARL | Country: France|
|Downloads:||0 last month, 420 total|
|Last updated:||More than a year ago ()|
|Requirements:||Microsoft Windows Installer 2.01 or higher.|
|Watch for updates:|
|Email a friend... Get the best software deals each week!|
|Icons-Land Vista Style Multimedia Icon Set - If you are developing media-centered software application, mobile application or website, and you would like it to have modern... ...|