SolidShare Firewall 3-clients license is a Communications::Dial Up & Connection Tools software developed by Lijun Qin. After our trial and test, the software was found to be official, secure and free. Here is the official description for SolidShare Firewall 3-clients license:
SolidShare Firewall secures your network
SolidShare firewall secures your network, allowing you to implement your security policy by configuring a set of rules that specify which sites (IP addresses or website content) and applications can be passed through the SolidShare server computer, it can also perform NAT (Network Address Translation) to share a single Internet connection. Serves as a firewall, the built-in firewall can prevent resource exposure and defend against from an attack. The 3.0 version has a built-in HTTP proxy server to provide URL cache & filter functions.
SolidShare includes the following firewall and NAT features:
- Content filter. You can configure content rules to controlling outbound and inbound access sites url and sites content string. The 3.0 version has a built-in HTTP proxy server to provide URL cache & filter functions. The import favorites function will help you add sites more easily.
- Application filters. SolidShare controls application-specific traffic with data-aware filters. SolidShare uses the filters to determine if packets should be accepted, rejected, redirected, or modified. The built-in application: including DHTP, PPTP, DNS, HTTP/HTTPS, TCP, UDP, Telnet, SMTP, POP3, NNTP, RTSP, ping, Trace Route, MSN Game Zone, Battle.net, Westwood online, FTP, Real Player, QuickTime, ICQ, Napster, IRC, pcANYWHERE, Quake II, Unreal, Kali II, DirectX, Couter-Strike, MSN Messenger, Counter-Strike WON publishing, Napster etc.
- IP Address filters. Rule can be configured to apply to specific IP addresses, at defined time intervals, and for a already defined application.
- Outbound access control. You can use SolidShare to configure rules that control how your internal clients user or user group access the Internet sites or Applications. You can configure content filter rules to controlling what is websites and web content accessed. You can configure content rules to control which internal user or user group access the which sites or site content string.
- Inbound access control. SolidShare allows you to publish internal servers to the Internet without compromising the security of your internal network. You can configure inbound (publishing) rules that determine which requests should be sent to a server on your local network, and you can perform DNAT (destination NAT) to change the destination IP address.
- User administration. You can use SolidShare import the computer user and user group, mange internal user or user group access internet rules.
- Cache and event log. The 3.0 version provide URL cache & filter functions. SolidShare will log the events such as add/remove/change rules, rules applied to pass/drop the packets, create NAT mappings etc. into log files, you can exam these files to seem what is happening in your network.
- Log Analyzer. You can use the "SolidShare Analyzer" program to parse the log files generated by SolidShare service, generate the report which gives you a summary report of the network activities and possible security problems.
SolidShare is divided into three parts: Kernel, Service and Management Console.
- Kernel, performs all actual NAT, packet-filtering (Firewall), etc, executing in kernel mode of the operating system, can intercept all data, exchange between NIC driver and TCP/IP protocol, and perform all necessary operations.
- Service: Controls and supports Kernel, and also performs Auto Dial Up, HTTP Proxy, Cache and Event Log, etc;
- Management Console: Gives the administrator a GUI interface, using it to control the functions of Kernel and Service more easily.
SolidShare monitors requests and responses between the Internet and internal client computers, controlling who can access which computers on the internal (local) network, and also controls which computers on the Internet can be accessed by internal clients. By setting the security rules, you can prevent unauthorized access from entering the local network, you can also restrict what traffic is allowed for each source, destination, application, schedule, and perform NAT or not.
you can download SolidShare Firewall 3-clients license 2.6 free now.